Minimising Our Footprint
We care deeply about this land – so while we aim to take huge strides we endeavour to leave few footprints behind.
As a proudly New Zealand-owned and operated company, we have a strong investment in maintaining the nature and diversity of this beautiful land. Our environmental focus is a conscious choice but one that also feels completely natural when we acknowledge how integral the health of the planet is to all of us. This commitment is not only written into our company core values but is actively practiced through our purchasing, processes and guest services. These are just the starting steps in our journey and we welcome your feedback.
- Our cleaning products are based on natural ingredients, palm-oil free and New Zealand made.
- We have full recycling facilities in our hotels, which also extends to in-room recycle bins.
- Our Nespresso pods are collected and recycled. Read more about Nespresso’s closed-loop aluminium recycling project here.
- Warm white LED lighting is used as standard.
- We offer the option to re-use or refresh your bath towels as required to limit unnecessary washing.